Most of us do not like to think about death, either ours or the death of a loved one. It is however a life transition that we will all experience. As you listen to this talk, see if you are a bit more comfortable thinking about death by the end of the talk.
Who is she
Martha is a death researcher and mentor to mental health professionals and coaches interested in deepening their understanding of the dying process..
Why should you listen
She offers a unique perspective on dying. She feels that her work in the world is to lessen fear around dying. The reason for doing this is that when one has information and context fear can be bypassed and one can be fully present in the current moment.
- What was the consequence of taking death out of the home
- What did her research teach her about the death bed phenomenon?
- What are the two competing hypotheses about the death experience.
- How does she distinguish between visions and hallucinations.
- Are the experiences real?