Gary Vaynerchuk gives a shot in the arm to dreamers and up-and-comers who face self-doubt. The Internet has made the formula for success simpler than ever, he argues. So there’s now no excuse not to do what makes you happy.
Why you should listen:
In 2006 Vaynerchuk launched Wine Library TV, a daily video blog about wine. With the tagline “changing the wine world,” the show offers an unpretentious approach to a historically stuffy subject. As the audience grew and word spread of his informal and unorthodox approach to wine, Gary made numerous national television appearances and landed a book deal.
Who is he:
Bestselling author and entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk began his career in his family’s business, Shopper’s Discount Liquors. He soon rebranded the store as Wine Library, launching a retail website and boosting its revenue from $4 million to $60 million
1. What are the two “P’s” Vaynerchuck talks about? Why are they important?
2. What does Vaynerchuck mean when he says accuracy is greater than currency?
3. Why do you think it is important to do what you love?
4. According to Vaynerchuck it is crucial to have brand equity. Why is this true?
5. Challenge yourself to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself “what do I want to do with the rest of my life?”