Image-maker Alexander Tsiaras shares a powerful medical visualization, showing human development from conception to birth and beyond. As you watch note the stages of development and the speed of development at various times as the child develops in utero.
Why you should listen
Alexander Tsiaras is an artist and technologist whose work explores the unseen human body, developing scientific visualization software to enable him to “paint” the human anatomy using volume data.
Who is he
He’s the author of Body Voyage and co-author of Information Architects. Most recently, he is the author of From Conception to Birth: A Life Unfolds and The Architecture and Design of Man and Woman: The Marvel of the Human Body, Revealed.
His latest project is The Visual MD, an online compendium of health visualizations.
- What caused the speaker to see things that “just made you marvel”?
- What is the body made of? Where is the only place that the body changes?
- What is a micro-magnetic resonance imaging machine? What does it do?
- What is your reaction to the piece “From Conceptual to Birth”?
- What is the ratio of visible vessels to invisible vessels? How do you interpret this?
- What are the possibilities of the birth to six year brain scans the speaker describes?